Thanks TR8 SU carbs on TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks TR8 SU carbs on TR6
From: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 07:41:37 -0600
I was thinking about this "TR8 SU" thing.  Some Healeys used a HS8 or was
it HD8 SU carbs.
they are two inch carbs.  Could this be what you are looking for?

>Thanks to all that responded on the TR8 SU's put on a TR6. The consensus
>was that US bound TR8's got the Zeniths.  Another consensus, the SU's and
>Zeniths are comparable in performance yet the SU's have a broad range of
>needles to choose from which gives them the 'tweakable edge'.  You gotta
>love something you can tinker with but 'no choice' is sometimes a blessing
>as well.
>
>I bought a set of SU's off ebay from a fella that pulled them off his TR8
>in leui for an Edelbrock 4bbl setup.  He says their SU's and the picture
>looks like SU's(with large fuel bowl on one side typical of SU's) so
>apparently he or PO added them at one point.  I'll assume they are HS6
>types or better but I'll know for sure in a few days. I appreciate the
>offlist input on jet needles to use as well. Help that I'll use right
>away. Thanks again

   E-MAIL ADDRESS:    borgstede@umsl.edu

Brian Borgstede                 I
Telecommunications Engineer,                 I  '68 Triumph
University of Missouri, St. Louis       I
Instructional Technology Center I          TR-250
Phone:  (314) 516-6433          I       (or 2 or more)
Fax:  (314) 516-5294            I