Wheels Spit, GT6, TR7/8

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheels Spit, GT6, TR7/8
From: Paul MacDonald <Paul.MacDonald@PWGSC.GC.CA>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:07:32 -0400
Hi

The wheels for a Spit, GT6 and TR7/8 are the same weird bolt pattern -- 4x
95mm-- here is a bunch of references that I have found for TR7/8 rims --
maybe one will be what you are looking for --

Paul MacDonald
TR8
Ottawa Canada

---------------------------------

There is an article on the World Wide Wedge (http://www.team.net/TR8/),
under "Technical Stories", "Archives", "Ezine", "No.3" which goes fully into
the bolt pattern and offsets of the TR7/TR8.  It's a good read and discusses
several wheel options.  Apparently the bolts are spaced at 95.5mm.

Here are what 6x15 inch MGF alloys look like on a TR7:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/8137/tr8mgf.jpg

This is what 7x15 inch Compomotive FH alloys look like:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/8137/tr7s1.jpg

This is what is 6x15 inch MG Montego Turbo alloys look like:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/8137/tr8f.jpg

Compomotive makes wheels that fit the TR7.  Try
http://www.usacomp.com/Road.htm
The models that fit the TR7/8 are: AT, CXN2, MO & RE.  You can get them up
to 16" dia. and 2 models are available up to 18" dia.  When I checked last,
I think the wheels ran generally @ $179 ea. for 16" wheels

Here is a place you can buy cheap wheels in UK

http://www.robsport.co.uk/specials/wheels/wheels.asp

Here is another site that has wheels to fit

http://www.ttrsracing.com/revo5spoke.htm