Re: TR6 Rear Sheet Metal Alignment

To: AndyJS1@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Rear Sheet Metal Alignment
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 00:03:56 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
AndyJS1@aol.com wrote:
> I am trying to do the maximum amount of this restoration myself, but cannot
> figure out how to move the rear end over this 1/4".  Any ideas?  Would a
> frame shop be able to do this or do they only straighten frames?

  They might, but it's really hard to straighten a lot of
pieces that are connected. Whenever metal is bent, is it
also stretched, so when you try to put it back you have
too much metal.

  What I would do is cut all the seams, and straighten the
surfaces individually, then reweld them all up. It's likely
the only way you can get them all where you want them.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca