Re: Swallow Doretti- Correction

To: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>, email@motorcities.com
Subject: Re: Swallow Doretti- Correction
From: "T.R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 15:21:47 -0400
Cc: Spitfires List <spitfires@autox.team.net>, Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
FYI!!!!!!

This message was sent to MotorCities This was acctually the fourth Doretti
built. It was one of the cars featured in  L.A. at the Ambassador Hotel Show in
Jan 1954 along side the TR2 in their  world wide debut.

T.R.

To whom it may concern,

 The production information you quote on the "Swallow
Doretti" is
incorrect. This car is the second production car built
by Swallow
Coachbuilders. The commission numbering started at 1000
.Pus or minus a
couple of numbering mistakes approximately 276
production cars were
built (Not!  200). The first production car was wrecked
and returned to
the works and believed scrapped. The Registry also
records 2 Prototypes
built before car 1001 and at least 5 others during the
course of
production and beyond.  Production information has been
misquotedin many
publications through out history on this car.   I am
quite familiar with
the car you present and thank you for you attention to
this response and
ask that you correct your information.  A generally
acceptable statement
of Production would be "  This car number 001 the
second of about 276
production cars .

Thank you for your attention.

T.R. Householder