Re: TR3 Fan Pulley Removal - Help

To: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Subject: Re: TR3 Fan Pulley Removal - Help
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 06:06:16 -0500
Cc: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
"Musson, Carl" wrote:

> Any suggestions on how this comes off?  I love it when the manual says the
> above can be "withdrawn"...  In the Haynes I am at step 6.24 and can't get
> it to budge... used a rubber mallet and even then I bent the pulley (more
> than it was already bent).
>
> Thanks
> Carl

Some of these are pretty stubborn. I've resorted to taking the entire water
pump housing off the engine, supporting in the vice so I don't break the
pulley, and smacking the end of the shaft (with the nut protecting the end of
the shaft) with a big copper hammer.

If you've broken a pulley and need a replacement, I have one.

By the way, if anybody buys a new water pump from Moss, be aware that some or
all of them have metric threads on the shaft -- be sure not to lose the nut!

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 but no longer racing