Re: TR6 cam questions & emmissions

To: "Eric Conrad" <econrad@teal.csn.net>, "'Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 cam questions & emmissions
From: "Hugh Barber"<trnut@cwnet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:03:02 PDT
Eric,

Generally, you need to perform other operations on an engine (raising
compression
& improving breathing/exhaust) to get the benefit of a hotter cam.  If your
engine is still apart, my recommendation would be to get the rotating parts
balanced and, if your budget allows, get the head intakes/exhausts cleaned up
a bit (by someone who has done porting on a TR head).  My TR6, for instance,
has a hotter cam, but it also has a cleaned up head, increased compression,
better exhaust, and improved intake.  There is an excellent article on Camshafts
at http://www.elgincams.com/campaper.html

Your Mileage May Vary,

Hugh Barber
Hollister, CA