Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #136

To: dncullig@us.ibm.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest V1 #136
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:15:09 -0700
Cc: aab@autox.team.net
Dennis wrote:

> Bud wrote:
>
> >It'd be hard to look at a trophy for a stock classification
> >knowing that you won it in a car equipped with rear sway bars
> >or tube shocks or some other modification that's not considered
> >stock.
>
> Bud - FYI -
>    My TR6 has a rear anti-sway bay and has been (IMO) correctly
> classified by VTR Technical inspectors as 'stock' in every
> National ('94,'95,'96,'99) and every Regional ('95,'97,'00)
> event I have attended.  A rear sway bar is considered a
> "period-available safety device" (not sure that is the exact
> quote) that should not, in the eyes of the VTR, cause a car to
> be considered modified.
>
> Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U(O) / Highland,NY
>                           DNCULLIG@US.IBM.COM

Dennis,

I'm afraid that you're wrong, and the people who classed your car
were wrong. While a "period-available safety device" is the
consideration for remaining in the stock *concours* class,
it is not so for the stock autocross class.

I refer you to the VTR autocross rules at

        http://www.vtr.org/rules/autocross.html

in particular section 5.1.6, and the introductory language
in 5.1.

Chris Kantarjiev
VTR Autocross Advisory Board