Re: Grommets etc.

To: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Subject: Re: Grommets etc.
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:25:58 -0700
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
You might also want to check into KY Jelly.  You can find it in the feminine
hygiene section of the drug store/market.  It is water soluble, so it cleans up
very nice with a damp paper towel and doesn't make a mess.

In general, I'm able to put the grommets in dry.  Squeeze it to an egg shape and
stuff as much as possible in the hole.  Then take a small (very worn)
screwdriver and push the last little bit in the hole.

The KY is good for sliding the cable or wire through the center of the grommet.
I learned this trick back in high school chemistry to get glass tubes through
rubber stoppers.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6