Grose Jet help

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grose Jet help
From: "Evans, Mark" <Mark.Evans@Anheuser-Busch.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 12:44:44 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers,
I asked this question last week and didn't get a response so I thought I would
try again. I know many of you to the left of the country were planning and
implementing trips to the Portland VTR show and may have missed the question.

What is the proper float setting for Grose jets on an SU HS6 carb?

I understand it is different from the stock float valve setting. My Grose jets
came to me installed and I need to determine the setting or a workaround. I'm
having flooding problems from the front carb and can't seem to adjust it out
with the jet nut. I suppose I could measure the rear and go from there but it
could be wrong too. The front float chamber was really dirty/ full of grit when
I disassembled (now clean of course, er - I hope).

Thanks!

Mark A. Evans
1966 TR4A IRS CTC63970 LO
markaevans@mindspring.com