Re: Cam bearings TR2/3

Subject: Re: Cam bearings TR2/3
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 09:48:07 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Angelo :

It can be done, but you need to find a shop with line-boring equipment
to do it.  The cam bearing inserts require a larger hole in the block.
This is the only way to repair the bearing surfaces if they are worn, as
oversize cams are not readily available (AFAIK).  Same thing goes for
the 6-cyl TR motor, as it also does not have cam bearing inserts.  If
the bearing surfaces in the block aren't worn or scored, I wouldn't
bother with the inserts.

Standard-Triumph also added 'setscrews' to retain the bearing inserts in
position, but lots of other engines just use friction, which seems to
work fine.

Randall