Alternative Alternator?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternative Alternator?
From: Bill & Skip Pugh <anabil@caltel.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 08:39:32 -0700
        I have seen a few posts that seem to indicate the Lucas
Generator can be replaced by a modern Alternator, seems like the
thing to do on my 57 TR-3A, I do not intend to show it, but am trying
to make it reliable, well....more reliable for almost daily driving
around the Golden hills of California.
        I would be interested in the pros/cons, procedures, parts
required. One footnote, if anyone is visiting California, Northern
that is, and would like to see the "real" California, not just LA and
San Francisco, just let me know and I will be happy to point out some
really nice roads, places here in the foothills of the Sierras that
will definately "start your Heart".
--
Bill & Skip Pugh
Two@Home