Re: TR3 Front Wheel Bearings

To: Sumner Weisman <sweisman@gis.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Front Wheel Bearings
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 18:39:54 -0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sumner:

I can address some of your questions and will forgo the ones I'm not
sure of.

When I dismantled the front wheels, hubs, stub axle and vertical link
with my boxing of the 3, I did not need any special tools. The hub
came off the stub axle with little force by pulling.  The seal came
off with the hub and was wedged on top of the inner bearing. I used a
drift with moderate taping and was abel to easily dislodge the seal
with no damage to the bearing.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6