Re: Tr4 Head studs

To: kluckvon@students.uiuc.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tr4 Head studs
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 14:54:58 PDT
>From: jordan hess von kluck <kluckvon@students.uiuc.edu>
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Subject: Tr4 Head studs
>Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:16:38 -0500 (CDT)
>
>Listers -
>       The page in my haynes manual that gives the order for torquing the
>head studs down has disappeared and I was hoping someone could look it up
>for me so I can put the head back on the tr4 tonight after I get home from
>work.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Jordan von Kluck
>CT25090L

  You could do it numerically... I don't have my book handy either
  however, the trick is to start with the nuts in the middle of the
  head (between 2 and 3 cylinders) and work outward to either end of
  the head it's kind of like a spiral. I'll try to do you a picture
  (see below)

         8   6   1   3   9
         10  4   2   5   7

  I hope it doesn't get too scrambled...

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)