re: Exhaust Hanger Question

To: <stevens@erols.com>
Subject: re: Exhaust Hanger Question
From: "Art Graves" <denseboy@bga.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:57:11 -0500
Ted,

<<snip>>
>Now I just need to reinstall the interior and figure out an exhaust hangar
>arrangment. With the 4-speed, the center exhaust support was attached with
>the transmission mounting bolt. With the O/D transmission, the extension
>"shelf" with the mounting holes for the 4-speed won't fit, so I need to
>figure out how the center exhaust support for a 74 TR6 with overdrive ought
>to be fastened.

I discovered the same problem when I installed my J-Type overdrive.  What I
did was buy a universal pipe hanger (black, flexible), cut it to size and
bolt it between the tailpipe clamp and one of the bolts on the rear of the
OD. The hanger will be a little bit twisted and cockeyed, but it will work.
This job is much easier with the tunnel cover off.

Art Graves
Austin, TX
1976 Triumph TR6
1985 Jaguar XJ6 Series III