Re: '73 - '74 dash sold, also woodcraft question

To: Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov
Subject: Re: '73 - '74 dash sold, also woodcraft question
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 15:12:59 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 03-Aug-00 14:11:41 Eastern Daylight Time,
Richard.R.Olson@tc.faa.gov writes:

> Woodcraft 101 question:
>       Now, can somebody recommend a way to remove the yellowed, peeling
>       shellac?/varnish on my '72 dash so I can refinish it.  There's no
>       damage to the underlying wood veneer and I don't want to have to
>       scrape it.  Also accepting suggestions on what is good to finish it
>       with.... re-shellac, poly ?

Rick, go to the VTR website <<www.vtr.org>> scroll down to the maintenance
section and find my article on redoing my TR4 dash.  Mine was high gloss but
you can redo it in matte or satin finish to match the TR6 original.  Let me
know if the article helps.  Cheers.

Art Kelly