Re: Spit MKIII Brake Lights problem (longish)

To: Stephane St-Amant <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Subject: Re: Spit MKIII Brake Lights problem (longish)
From: Dave Crane <davesplace@ncol.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 20:11:58 -0400
Cc: Spitfires List <spitfires@autox.team.net>, TRIUMPH LIST <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Stephane,       If you have 12v to the bulb, and the bulb is good, then the
problem has got to be a bad ground!  Bad grounds are 90% of the problems with
the lights it seems.  To check, take a piece of wire and ground it to the body
or neg side of battery. place other end of wire on the socket housing of lamp in
question. If you then depress the brake pedal the lamp should light.  Any time
that you have power at a light and the lamp doesn't light, check the ground.
Another easy test is using a standard old cheap 12v test light, put the
alligator clip to 12v pos. then put the probe end on the lamp housing. The light
should!  if not, no ground!! Hope this helps!   keep it between the lines dave