Info on Italia

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Info on Italia
From: "J.H. Roulleaux" <Jean.Rouleaux@skynet.be>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:32:19 +0200
Hello all,
A few month ago a friend of mine, garage holder and TR racing
driver purchased a TR3 racing engine on a modified frame to build
his new racing car.On top of all that came for free the body of an
Italia.The body was in a very poor condition but can be saved.
Fortunately most of the crome parts like lettering were still
attached to the body and are in good condition. The firewall had
been cut out by a PO to allow the fitting of a V8 and this was done
in California according to the seller of the parts. Now I would not
bother anybody with the story but this Italia body revealed after
careful sandblasting its body plate and that indicates Nr 2. My
question to you all. Is there any information available on any PO
in the US or has anybody from you heard about this car. It is
planned to rebuild this car in the future and we would be pleased to
hear about its past.
Thanks a lot for any help.
Jean Roulleaux in Belgium