Re: TR4 - New Robbins Top - Good Advice

To: britcars@powerbritish.com
Subject: Re: TR4 - New Robbins Top - Good Advice
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 26 2000 15:40:36 GMT-0400
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Yes, I use a heat gun liberally during installation.

Brian,

Thanks for the detailed expert advice.  Those tricks of the trade are really
helpful.  Now that I know that the heat gun is OK and part of the installation
process... I'll try it tonight.

I'll put a snap in on one side to start with and then heat and stretch to get
the other side to line up.

I wish that Robbins or TRF would package some basic instructions for the
self-installer.  But... The list comes through again.

PS.  I have one other small mystery.  The fasteners that are supplied for the
front side hooks are new to me.  They are round and flat at the surface and
look like small hershey kisses that fit into each other.  Do you squeeze them
with pair of pliers or wack them with a hammer? I can't seem to figure out how
they snap together. I have a simple tool form the hardware store for the
regular big round snaps but have never come across these before.

Brian Sanborn
'62 TR4 CT16260L  Groton,MA
TR4 Website www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/home.html