TR3 sway bar question

To: "Kinderlehrer" <kinderlehrer@mindspring.com>
Subject: TR3 sway bar question
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 22:32:42 -0400
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Message text written by "Kinderlehrer"
>Once again I plead to the list for assistance.  I ordered and received a
sway bar for my TR3A from JC Whitney, okay I know I know, but the inside
scoop from this enlightened source was its the same as the TRF at 2/3 the
price.

Anyway, it seems to me that the bar is much too long to attach anywhere
close to the directions.  It's 32" center to center (measured straight, not
along the bar) and "tech support" at JC and the boys says this is the size
they are showing for the TR3A.  Has anyone installed one of these things?
The directions show some specifics for a TR250 and TR6, but not much for a
TR3.

TIA,
Bob<

Bob,

Years ago I bought a sway bar for my TR4 and the directions said to mount
it to the bumper brackets.  On the underneath side.  I mounted it on the
top side of the bumper brackets so as to hide it from view.  It was
obviously no the same bar as a TR6 TR250 bar.  All these things take some
ingenuity on the part of the installer.  Few, if any, after market parts
such as these are truely "bolt on."

The best way to go about it is to loosely attach the ends to the suspension
and see where the bar lands on the frame and if that is suitable with your
asthetic sensibilities go with it.

Good luck

Dave