1970 TR 6 Restoration

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1970 TR 6 Restoration
From: AndyJS1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 23:03:22 EDT
Hello Listers,

This is my first entry to the list and would appreciate any information as I
progress through the restoration of our TR 6, which I have just started.  The
rust discovered as the car is dismantled is not too bad (nothing compared to
what I found when I did our Austin Healey some years ago).  It does look like
the floor on the driver's side will have to be changed as there is a 4"
diameter hole up front.  The passenger side has a few pin holes that I think
I can repair properly.  It does not look as though spot welds are used on the
TR6.  It looks like edge and butt welds with gas.  How do you get this floor
out?  It looks somewhat challenging as there is a vertical flange that goes
down alongside the rocker panel where it is edge welded to the panel.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy Schwarz
Renton, WA