Flashers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Flashers
From: "Erkan Hassan" <ehassan@rx.umaryland.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:48:42 -0400
Listers,

When I first bought my 62 TR3B, the signal indicator only worked when
the right signal was turned on.  After a while, there was no signal
indicator, no wipers and no fuel gauge indicator(always read 'E').
After replacing the fuse block, the fuel gauge works (although it
appears to read 1/4 tank too much), the wipers now work and the
signals started doing the following.

When the signal indicator is turned to the right, the front and back
signal lights blink appropriately.  When the signal indicator is in
the neutral position or turned to the left, all four signal lights
blink (i.e. warning indicators).  This blinking of all four lights
will not stop unless the key is turned off or the indicator switch is
turned to the right (at which point the right turn signal lights go
on).  My short term solution was to disconnect the far left wire
leading into the flasher unit ( If looking at the prongs on the unit
looks like:

                                    | _ |

Now I did not know that a 63 TR had all four warning indicators.
Secondly, is the cause of the problem due to a bad flasher indicator
unit?  The unit got very warm, I guess due to the continued warning
indicator lights.  I'm thinking of replacing the unit first.  Any
thoughts or comments?

Erkan Hassan
62 TR3B
TCF 536