Re: Do I Need Intake/Exhaust Valve Work

To: "KENNETH A. vonKLUCK" <KAVONKLU@defrees.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Do I Need Intake/Exhaust Valve Work
From: "Rick Taylor" <rgt3000@fuse.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:22:36 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Could this ba a blown head gasket?

Rick Taylor
Cincinnati, OH
TR4A CT57505L
TR3A TS41311L
----- Original Message -----
From: KENNETH A. vonKLUCK <KAVONKLU@defrees.com>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2000 10:07 AM
Subject: Do I Need Intake/Exhaust Valve Work

> Yesterday my 1963 TR-4 started to produce large amounts of white/blue
smoke from the exhaust, breather pipe and oil fill cap (when removed).
Before the car was stored about 25 years ago, I installed new liners,
pistons and rings.  I am the original owner and I know that the valves were
worked on only once and that was just before the new liners, etc.  The car
has been undergoing renovation and has been in daily use for most of the
last two years.  It has been using oil but not an unusual amount.  There is
no oil in the coolant.  Number one plug is spotted white and black and the
ceramic is cracked, numbers two and three are black covered with what  first
appeared to be oil but is hard and dry and appears to be carbon and number
four is clean light brown.  I suspect that one or more intake and exhaust
valves are gone.  Does any one have any suggestions, guesses, opinions,
etc.?