TR3 Radiators

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Radiators
From: "Bill Brewer" <bbrewer@lightspeed.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:17:48 -0700
     My current radiator just gave up the ghost. I pulled out my radiator
for my spare TR3 out of storage and am taking it in to be recored with a
high efficiency core with no crank hole. However, on closer examination I
found that the radiator currently in my 1960 TR3 has dog ears at the top of
the sides where the staying rods connect and the spare radiator from my 1961
TR doesn't have them. What's up? Should I fabricate new ones from brass and
have them silver soldered on when it is recored? Is there another kind of
staying rod? Did the radiator come from another type of TR?
     Anyone have suggestions on the best type of core?

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA - Just spent 4 days in Pismo surfing!
     It was 110 degrees F driving through Bakersfield today