RE: TR3 Stone Guards

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Stone Guards
From: Dennis Lambert <DLambert@anaheim.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 13:11:52 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
FWIW, I went through this same exercise about 6 months ago.  I had obtained
the small stone guards from TRF, and the large ones from Moss; both were a
terrible fit.  Both Moss and TRF told me that only one company in the world
makes the repro stoneguards, so it doesn't matter who you buy them from, you
are getting the same product.  The repro stoneguards need a lot of fitting,
so plan on spending several hours with a marker and file.  Even after all
that, mine still looked poor.  After posting to the list, Fred Thomas came
to the rescue with an offer to PC my originals.  They came back with a
"brushed sliver" powder coat, and look great.  The bonus is that they *fit*!
Thanks, Fred.
Dennis