Quaife Differentials

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quaife Differentials
From: "Hill, Stephen M EDUC:EX" <Stephen.Hill@gems7.gov.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:36:42 -0700
About a week ago I asked the list about sources of Quaife limited slip
differentials for a TR6. Some members said they had recently bought directly
from Quaife in the UK for about $861US, delivery included.  When I contacted
Quaife UK I was told that the differentials are now distributed exclusively
by Quaife NA, and the cost would be $1495US!!! When I inquired how this
could be, and threatened to bitch on the list about the distribution policy
and the US pricing, I received a response saying that the Quaife NA price
was a mistake (even though it was posted on their website, and they quoted
the same price to me by email????) Now the price is $1195US from Quaife NA.
Okay, this is progress, I guess. In the meantime, Racestorations UK
contacted me and they can deliver the unit in North America for $875US. I
think I know where I will go.

Stephen