Re: TR4 parts car for sale in Champaign, IL

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4 parts car for sale in Champaign, IL
From: V8TR4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 18:06:52 EDT
I have a 64 TR4 that sounds eerily similar to the one you describe. Mine is
also registered as a 64 and has a painted white dash and the exterior used to
be blue. My serial number is CT20237 though. I have suspected that maybe my
car sat on a lot for a year or two before it was first sold because it has a
few TR3 things thru out, but it might just have been the PO, not sure because
I got the car from someone who got it from a widow. He had rebuilt the motor
before he died and never started it up from what I could see.
I found he had timed the igniton 180 degrees off. I always wondered if the
departed PO came to an end because he couldn't start the car ;)