TR7 thermostat and overheating...

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR7 thermostat and overheating...
From: "Barclay McInnes" <barc@bloodmoney.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:58:54 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers;
To start investigating my moderate overheating problem in the 80 TR7 I just
acquired I decided to have a look at the thermostat and see if it was
malfunctioning.  To make a long story short, it wasn't there.  I vaguely
recall reading something a long time ago about the thermostat on a TR7
needing to close off another port when it's in the open position, or the
cooling system will not work properly(and hence the fact that it's missing
altogether is a problem)?  Does anyone have any further information, as it
was a while ago when I read that, and it's been over 10 years since I owned
my last TR7...

Thanks
Barclay McInnes
80 TR7 DHC