TR 3 4 fuel pump fitting (revived)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 3 4 fuel pump fitting (revived)
From: "O'Neil-Hess" <aephoto@netacc.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 21:52:43 -0400

There was discussion awhile back about the fuel pump outlet fitting
being for a 1/4" pipe but the threaded size same as that for a 5/16"
pipe. I went to the hardware store to buy some bolts and then went to
look around in the plumbing dept. I found a plug with the proper size
thread. The plug was not solid, but had a 1/4" hole part way into the
body. It will only be necessary to drill out the capped end. The
threaded end is properly countersunk for the compression ferule.

Allen Hess
TR4, MGB