Better Prices From A Vendor

Subject: Better Prices From A Vendor
From: "David Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:03:02 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
> I've also had some major vendors give me a better price than published,
> just because I am "a good customer"
> (alas, none of them sell LBC parts <g>)

Randall,

I actually got really lucky once with TRF. When I decided to get new
trunions during my TR3 front suspension rebuild, one of the listers told me
that a week or two prior they had offered them at 1/2 price at the VTR SE
Regional. He suggested I call and talk to John. Well, I did and John said
"sure, I'll give them to you at the sale price", which had now been expired
for 2 weeks!

So it can happen even with LBC parts -- and even from the much-maligned (at
least on this list) TRF. And yes, they were in stock!

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire
La Canada, CA