Re: Correct color of paint

To: RONNIE BABBITT <rbtr3a@flintemc.net>
Subject: Re: Correct color of paint
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:00:53 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 30 May 2000, RONNIE BABBITT wrote:

I can't help much on the other questions, but...

>  During concourse judging
>     1. Is it required to remove the spare tire or just remove the cover?

Different clubs judge differently. I've been at several VTR meets where
poking that deeply wasn't done at all. But many folks go ahead and remove
the cover, and a lot of them also open and "roll out" the tool roll in
the trunk.

>     2. Are tripod lights required? I was under the impression that all U,S,
> autos are required to have sealed              beam headlights.

The P700 tripods (little round shield with LUCAS in the middle) were a
common enough option, but you are correct that US-bound cars would have
been wired for sealed beam headlamps that were installed stateside.

>     3.  Is their a required battery type?

12 volt; beyond that, a modern battery would not be all that much (if
any?) of a deduction.

>     4.  Are tailored cars judged the same as driven cars. (I plan to drive)

Good for you! In VTR, the cars are judged the same. Note, however, that
any VTR-sanctioned meet (Regional or National) would require at least one
moving event to qualify for Concours. We do NOT allow cars to remain
hermetically sealed until show time. :-)

>     5.  Are tools and manuals required to be displayed?

If you got 'em, show 'em.

--Andy