Re: Zymol wax

To: pinno@bigfoot.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Zymol wax
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 08:15:29 EDT
In a message dated 00-05-29 00:28:41 EDT, pinno@bigfoot.com writes:

<< There's one
 thing on the Zymol instructions that just goes against all I've been
 taught about using wax. It says that after you're done waxing you
 should spray a light cool mist of water on the car and buff it in. This
 is supposed to set the wax and give it a more consistant and
 deeper shine. I was going to try it but the yearning for frosty
 beverages was stronger. Has anyone done this, and does it make
 a difference? The car looks great without doing the water treatment. >>

Wow...talk about timing....2 weeks ago, my New England car buddy began to
rant-n-rave about this Zymol stuff that he learned about from an American
muscle car restorer....so I got a bottle of the liquid version and tried it
on the Spit and my daughter's Honda EX coupe.  Not only should you use a back
& forth application method (versus circular), you indeed should mist your
work after you buff it.  BUT, you definitely do not want to let it dry to a
haze before you buff it - it will get very hard to remove - follow the
directions and work it in shortly after you apply it.

I think it actually took me less time overall to wax both cars as opposed to
waiting for former products (like Meguiars) to dry to a haze.  It sure rubs
in nice and produces a deep reflection and....it smells like coconut
oil...kinda gives you a nice tropical feeling while you're working....the
ingredients claim that no nasty petrochemical solvents are used - all natural
stuff...only time will tell if it lasts but for now it looks like a winner to
me!

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (restoration underway)
'70 Spit Mk3  FDU78512L (getting better with each drive)