Re: Question: TR3 steering

Subject: Re: Question: TR3 steering
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 22:40:14 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Uhm, it helps center the steering ?
<g>

Seriously, I don't know about the 'wisdom', but there are several other
joints that work the same way, like the upper A-frame pivots (plus lower
inner A-frame pivots on early TR2) and the rear spring bushes.  One nice
thing is that, since there are no sliding surfaces, they don't need to
be lubricated periodically.

Personally, I'm not fond of silentblocs, my steering now uses the brass
and steel version from BFE, and the front suspension uses Nylatron.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver - off to the paint shop tomorrow (I hope !)