She Starts!!! And keep running!!!

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: She Starts!!! And keep running!!!
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 11:18:37 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Randall" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>, "Michael D. Porter" <mporter@zianet.com>
Thanks guys,

Pulled of the dashpot cover and the diaphragm/needle assembly.   Wow, enough
varnish to redo my dashboard! ;-).  Cleaned everything up, especially the
needle.  There was so much varnish on that thing that for a moment I thought
it was made of plastic!!!  Cleaning it up required fine grid sandpaper as
the carb cleaner wasn't enough to "melt" it all.  The needle is now probably
1/3 smaller than it was before the cleaning.

Anyway, put the whole thing back together and vroom, start easily and idle
nicely (maybe a little fast but I can't ask too much of an engine stopped
for more than 5 years!

The carb leak fuel through the float chamber plug, the top rad hose leaks
coolant but right now, I'm just happy to have resurected the little thing.
Now, it's time for a facelift!!!

Thanks again everyone.  It's gonna be a nice summer!

Steph
'69 Spit (Now purring!  and drooling at a few places!)
'71 TR6 (Feeling lonely in the garage!)