My new acquisition - '69 Spit

To: "TRIUMPH LIST" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: My new acquisition - '69 Spit
From: "Stephane St-Amant" <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:26:25 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello everyone,

Well, there it is, a new project, even though I just started on the 6!  the
"new" '69 Spit is now home!  Cute little thing.  I will never fit in that
one (I'm 6'6") but the fiancee will.

When she saw the car for real at first, her facial expression wasn't clear,
rather perplexed.  But once the car was on the trailer and ready to go and
when she thought I wasn't looking (while putting away the tools and ropes) I
could see a smile on her face.  Probably some tears in her eyes too.  I
think that's when she fully realized that I really bought the car... for
her! (That's when my own eyes got wet too!  :-}  And she really like it.
She can't wait for me to put it back on the road (car has been sitting for
10 years).

She's also very proud of it.  At one rest stop on our 500 miles journey
back, two guys walked by to take a closer look at the car and she was so
happy to show it and talk about it!!!

As I intend to try to start it this weekend.  I will look in my own archives
from past posts on how to start an engine after a long rest.  If problems
comes up, you'll hear from me!  It currently has a single Stromberg
installed but in the box of parts that came witth it are the original dual
SU's with manifold which will go back on once rebuilt.

Enough blabla for now.  Will report soon on how things goes.

Thanks to everyone who offered their help along my route if it was needed.
Phil - I waved twice but where was the beer???  ;-)

Steph
'71 TR6 CC59683L  (In pieces - all over the place!!!)  Mine
'69 Spit FDU50913L (New kid in town)  WTB - Wife To Be