Wedge Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wedge Question
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 13:18:59 EDT
Hi all,

I'm passing this question along for a friend of mine who is not on the
internet, but has a question about his TR7 project.  You can respond to me,
then I'll pass it along to him.  His question is below.

Much thanks,

Scott Helms
=====================
An inquiry directed to any wedge owner:

I am freshening up a 1980 TR7 drop-top and in the process, repainting the
bumpers.
As with most wedge TR's, the front bumper has a noticeable sag where it wraps
around the front corner of the car.

Does any one know of a good way to fix this unsightly problem?  Also, why did
the factory place a heavy piece of steel at the ends of the front bumpers
(this seems to put a lot of unnecessary strain on the six, rather small
mounting bolts)?

Any comments are appreciated.

Joe Carlson
Elkhart, IN