TR6 fan belt

To: 6 Pack List <6packlist@mfasco.com>
Subject: TR6 fan belt
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 19:34:30 -0400
Cc: TR6 List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I finally got the engine and transmission back in CF38690 and am in the
process of getting everything reattached to the engine and before I
replace the tube crossmember I naturally want to fit a new fan belt. God
only knows where the old one is as the car has been off the road for 2
years. Anyway, I can't seem to find the correct belt to fit. My car's
air pump has been removed, so the belt goes around the damper pulley,
water pump and alternator only.  The numbers on the belts are some sort
of code I don't understand and neither do the guys at my local part
store. Does *17* relate to 1/2"? I believe the length is 45". Anyone
know for sure?
Any help / advice will be appreciated,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA