RE: Body work

To: "'Keith McGahan'" <keithmcgahan@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Body work
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 13:13:09 -0400 charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I just had the floorpan (1) replaced on my '3.  $37/hour labor rate plus 1
cut off wheel (yeah, like nickel & dime).  Charged for 20 hours of labor.  A
lot of it had to do with replacing the captive nuts on the underside
including 2 hours to go get the nuts& 3 1/4 hours to cut out the old ones.
(At least they didn't charge me for the nuts :^).  Wish I had known about
that as I could have bought new captives & nuts in advance for less than
$10.

They gave me an estimate in advance of 12 hours depending on any unforeseen
difficulties. (8 3/4 was dealing with the captive nuts) - so the 12 hours
was pretty close for everything else.

Hope this helps.
Carl