Re: sidelamp rubber

To: <OHFASTONE@aol.com>
Subject: Re: sidelamp rubber
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 17:37:08 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "List Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Michael
I didn't make my statement too clear, this acid is said to be created as a
by product of the combustion of rubber / plastics, I sent it my post in
response to a post about a burned out car with some lamp plinths on it.
Yes the rubber is perfectly safe in normal use but I wouldn't consider post
combustion to be normal use! It just crossed my mind that we all end up in
the bone yard climbing around the wrecks and every so often we are bound to
come across burnt out shells!

Graham.