Re: TR6 Strange Starting Behavior

To: "Blake Discher" <bdischer@blakedischer.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Strange Starting Behavior
From: "Irv Korey" <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 12:36:01 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

----- Original Message -----
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>

> When I try to start my 1976 TR6, I often turn the key to the start
position
> and nothing happens.  The IGN light glows, all power in auto is working,
> but engine doesn't turn over.

I had a similar problem on my 74. I would turn the key and the warning
lights would light, but nothing else would happen. I thought it might be a
bad switch, but the switch was okay. Then 1 day, while playing around under
the hood, I discovered that if I jiggled the white/red wire that goes to the
starter relay, the car would start. Some time later (okay, I'm not too
smart) I finally realized that it was the relay that was bad and not the
wire. The relay had an internal break, which was closed when I jiggled the
wire. I replaced the relay, and haven't had a problem since. Hope this helps
some.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
CT52499 VSCDA Group 2 #58