TR6 Fuel problems?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Fuel problems?
From: Paul Mitchell <paul-m@mweb.co.za>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 16:18:16 +0200
List,

I've recently noticed a few problems with my PI TR6. Not sure if they're
connected, or what causes them - maybe someone can help. Firstly, I get
a slight 'phut' noise at slow revs when the engine is cold, like a very
gentle backfire. Second problem is an occasional hesitation when I put
my foot down, which I think may be dirt in the fuel line, or something.
Finally, the engine surges a little when idling.

None of these things is terminal, but my concern is that they may point
to a more serious problem. Ring any bells with anyone? The only thing I
have done lately is check the contact gap in the distributor.

Thanks in anticipation

Paul
74 TR6 PI