Amphi car ride

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Amphi car ride
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:49:19 EDT
The post about the amphi car reminded me of my only experience with the
vehicle.  Over 30 years ago I went to my senior class picnic at the Frank
Davis resort in Moodus, Connecticut. (for the benefit of our older CT
listers, who may remember).  They were giving rides on the river or lake in
the resort's amphi car.  I have always been around boats so I just had to go
for a spin.  While a very novel idea, it is really designed for fording small
bodis of water. It is definitely not a rough water boat, as it is very
unstable and has limited manuverability.  But at 18 years old it was still a
lot of fun!

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A (that won't hold water, in or out)