Re: Is anybody buying the Triumph marque?

To: "Brian Furgalus" <triumph.tr7@usa.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is anybody buying the Triumph marque?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:51:56 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I believe the re-badging is a stopgap measure in Alchemy's plan.  If you
were to read some recent news stories from the past week or so, Alchemy
intends to have new models within two years working in conjunction with
Lotus for development.

See:    http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_717000/717146.stm

I think Alchemy is handling it quite well, and I would not be pleased to
have a former Rover executive back in the saddle... Alchemy seems dead
focused on marketing to a niche segment and exploiting technologies and
names (the MG name) to help achieve a new image.

There is a reason they call venture capitalists, vulture capitalists...
because they'd rather make money than anything else.

I think the Healey names, and rights to use, are still held by the Healey
family.

Cheers,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kmr@pil.net