Re: TR4 out of gas, now won't run

To: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>, "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Paul Willou" <Paulwillou@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 out of gas, now won't run
From: Sebastian King <sebastian_king@ipc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:05:52 +0100
I think you've emptied the floats and the needles have dropped down,
usually because they are worn, this results in the floats sticking in
a 'down' position and prevents the fuel getting in. Attempting to
start the car just pressurises the fuel. Remove the floats and just
wiggle them, fuel will come out everywhere, enough will be in the
floats to get them to the right level and all will be fine...

been there and done it!

Sebastian King
Editorial Support Team Leader
IPC Magazines Ltd