RE: Removing masking tape

To: "Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Removing masking tape
From: "Jack Levy" <jack@cocoinc.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 18:49:29 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I have tried NAPA's Wax & grease remover, Kleen something, PPG's
Acriliclean, WD40, Googone (first thing I tried) and a heat gun and I hate
to say that nothing so far has softened the dried masking tape, the heat gun
softens it along with the paint. I have not Goof off (that fowl smelling
adhesive remover) because last time I used it on a computer monitor it
melted the plastic so ...
Moral of this story, if you ever mask something to paint it, don't leave the
masking tape on for extended periods of time. Goo gone and the the PPG and
Napa product do a pretty good job of softening left over adhesive on the
parts where the tape came off. I'm going to have to sand  the stuff off, and
probably repaint the whole car :-(

Jack