Rounders

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rounders
From: "Erkan Hassan" <ehassan@rx.umaryland.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:44:55 -0400
Listers,

Yesterday I thought I would change the gear box oil in the 62 TR3B
before dinner.  Once everything was set up, I huffed and I puffed and
the drain plug was adequately siezed in place.  The socket wrench then
proceeded to slip around the plug and start to round it off.

I turned my attention to the fill plug, figuring that if I get the
drain plug out, it won't do me any good if I cannot get the fill plug
out too.  Low and behold, that plug was frozen too.  And the DPO had
already rounded that plug so the sockets would not grab at all.

Tonight, being wiser, I attacked with a can of liquid plumber, vise
grips, a really big monkey wrench and a big nut cruncher plyers.

Again I was turned away without satisfaction.  Both plugs are in
position.  And now the drain plug is pretty beat up too.

Is there any sage advice as to what I should do at this point?

I fear there is 38 year old gear oil in there and I would really like
to change it.

Would getting a plumbers torch from Home Depot and heating it up be:
1) advantageous and
2) dangerous?

Any and all advice here other than giving up would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Erkan Hassan
62 TR3B