Crane Ignition

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crane Ignition
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 07:16:01 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
I asked on Monday about installation of an Crane electronic ignition, but
didn't get any responses about my problem.  I have a 71 TR6 I want to
install the ignition system on, but each time I have tried it the rotor
button has broken in half.  The rotor is obviously hitting the contacts on
the distributor cap, causing it to break.  Anyone currently running this on
their TR6?

What I'm wondering is do I have to file the bottom of the rotor button down
some to allow for the thickness of the shutter?  Or am I just installing
something wrong?

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken