Re: TR6 won't start

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, diiulio@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: TR6 won't start
From: TexasTR4@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 18:18:25 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 04/15/2000 9:36:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
105671.471@compuserve.com writes:

<<  if i've got fuel in the carbs, spark at the plugs, plenty of air
 available, what could i still
 be missing?  pls ask any questions that may help me/you deduce the problem.
 thanks for your help.
 Tom Di Iulio (dazed and confused)
 1976 TR6 (showing who's the boss) >>

Tom, I'm probably too late with this answer since it's been awhile since I've
had a chance to read the TR stuff; however, besides fuel (and air mixture)
and spark, you must have sufficient compression, and correct timing.

Make sure it's correctly static timed, and check compression with a guage, or
squirt a "little" oil in the cylinders.

Robert Houston