Re: How much would you pay for advice

To: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How much would you pay for advice
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 13:57:10 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph- List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
The advice I receive on the Triumph and Spitfire lists is invaluable.
Fortunately, it's free.  Don't consider this a flame, but why would I
consider paying you for advice when I can get the same -- good or better --
from a half dozen people more than willing to help for the sheer joy of
helping a fellow enthusiast keep his British car on the road?

As long as lists and enthusasites sites like mine exist that offer "sage
advice" for free, I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for yours -- however --
I'd gladly answer your question for free, provided that I had the answer.
My suggestion is that you provide your advice for free, but sell banner
advertisements on your site to sponsors who are trying to reach the same
people you are helping.  That way, you'll attract more visitors to your
site, which will in turn, drive up the rates that you can charge to
sponsors.  Content is king on the Internet.  Provide content and the rest
will fall into place.  Hoard content for a fee and you're venture is doomed,
IMHO.

At least, that's MY two cents.  And considering that my advice is free, you
can take it or leave it.

Best wishes and good luck with your venture.

Jeff