Maintainence Interval Counter

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Maintainence Interval Counter
From: "john Kossup" <johnek@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2000 17:56:17 EDT
Fellow Listers:
I have a 1975 TR6 which has spent all its life in Canada.  The DPO has at
some point removed the Maintanence Interval Counter and run a speedo cable
direct from the speedometer to the transmission.  I continue to get erratic
speedometer readings.  It will not read at all below 20 miles per hour then
jumps up to an irrational reading of roughly 60 mph (100 kmh here in
Canada?) I'm wondering if this has to do with not being broken down into the
two segments as it normally would with the M.I.C. or is the right angle
drive suspect?  Does anyone know a source for a MIC as mine is non-existent.
  Any input is appreciated :)

John Kossup