Re: shameless plug

To: "Rob C Swift" <RobSwift@PetCentre.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shameless plug
From: "Mike Barron" <jmikebarron@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 11:04:05 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
In the KC USA area, we are rapidly running short of mechanics who will
agree to, and are competent enough to work on our old cars.   Among
those who will work on the cars are those that charge in accordance
with what the factory says the hours needed are, (and they are so
busy, getting your car in may be a miracle) and those who charge about
twice the number of hours needed to do the work, thinking that they
might run into problems with such an old car. (Funny, even through
they don't run into any problems, the charge remains the same).
This, of course, discounts the mechanic that will work on the cars,
but does not have the expertise.

A penalty, I guess, for having the timerity to own one of these cars.
About two years ago,  I attempted to put together a series of videos
for repair and restoration of Triumphs.   Had production in line, but
could not find a mechanic in our area who was interested.   One of
these days, the video may be all that is left that can educate Triumph
owners how to keep the old dears running and pretty.